HSBC Global Bank currently have a requirement for a PMO Delivery Manager for an initial 8 month contract based in London and will be paying up to £500 per day. The ideal candidate will have a payments background or experience and has worked within a banking environment in the past.
HSBC has around 4,000 offices in 70 countries and territories across Africa, Asia, Oceania, Europe, North America and South America, and around 37 million customers.
The bank are currently undertaking a large ring fencing programme, where they’re creating a retail focused bank, a wholesale focused bank and a Service Company.
This contractor role forms part of the Project Management and Execution team within UK and Cross Border Payments workstream. Their mandate is to work with the Payment Schemes on-boarding managers in producing project plans, status reporting, RAID logs and other project documents. They will also troubleshoot and resolve problems, review and challenge plans/status, and proactively drive progress with specific emphasis on working collaboratively with the Technology workstream.
• Tracking and support of milestone delivery and management of the Microsoft Project plans.
• Working closely with associated on-boarding managers within the Payments workstream to ensure alignment of plans and deliverables with external workstreams.
• Prepare and review project documentation including status reports, meeting packs, risk and issue logs, project plans and other documents as required.
• Actively manage operational risk and issues that arise in conjunction with advisers and stakeholders and provide solutions for colleagues and senior executives.
• Supporting the PMO lead and Programme Manager in running and managing key project meetings.
Knowledge and Experience
• Strong planning skills,
• PMO/ Analyst background with proven industry experience of large-scale restructuring projects,
• Banking and/or regulatory project experience,
• Strong stakeholder management skills,
• Excellent verbal/ written communication skills,
• Lateral thinking/problem solving/creativity,
• Drive and responsiveness,
• Desire to do more than the minimum required,
• Strong time management skills,
• Knowledgeable in the use of Microsoft office tools (including Microsoft Project, PowerPoint and Visio),
• High degree of attention to details,
• Payments background is desirable but not essential.
If you would like to progress an application, then feel free to submit your most up to date CV to be considered. Due to the sheer number of applicants, if you do not hear from me within 48 hours, then please see this as your application being unsuccessful.